Ramadan Table Decorating Tips plus the Insta-worthy Interior Buys To Shop Now!
How to host Iftar at home and the best Ramadan decoration ideas
Planning on hosting your nearest and dearest for another evening of Iftar celebrations? Make sure it’s one to remember with our top tips to sprucing up your table.
• Whether you opt for an artfully styled bouquet as a dramatic centrepiece or a collection of single stems in tiny glass vases, no table is genuinely complete without flowers. Just remember the critical rule of successful table setting – keep your displays short so that guests sitting opposite each other can still chat without being blocked off by towering blooms.
• Constantly restocking fresh flowers can get costly, so why not pick up some beautiful faux stems instead? The best quality versions can be found at either Marina Home or THE One, and trust us, they look so believable that they may even fool professional florists. Steer towards frosted glass or opaque vases, as no water can often be the giveaway to fake flowers.
• It’s all in the finishing touches. To create a feast for the senses, add little decorative accents such as bowls of ripe pomegranates, ornate jars filled with dried rose petals, trays holding Arabic sweets or wrapped dates and prayer beads draped over sprigs of rosemary.
• If you haven’t had time to wash your linen tablecloth from the evening before, just raid your gift-wrapping drawer and use brown craft paper instead. This staple material is an inexpensive and quick way to create a relaxed, bohemian vibe. You can also neatly write each guest’s name by their setting, or jot down well wishes and prayers on the paper to mark the special occasion.
• A table filled with dozens of candles will instantly set the right ambience. Teetering candelabras can get messy with dripping wax so go for tealights (or opt for battery-operated versions when dining with kids) inside jewel-toned glassware or mini lanterns.
Shop Now: Iftar Interiors
Decorative tea glass, AED99, Zara Home, visit Mall of the Emirates
Marble serving board, AED185, Crate & Barrel, visit Mall of the Emirates
Metal lantern, AED79, H&M Home, visit Mall of the Emirates