Sudqi Naddaf, Executive Chef at the Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates, shares his renowned fresh fish recipe for Salero Tapas & Bodega
Located in the Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates, Salero Tapas & Bodega, one of Dubai’s best restaurants for Spanish cuisine, offers an authentic taste of España.
Headed by culinary talent Chef Sudqi Naddaf, visitors will be treated to traditional fare with a unique twist.
Here the chef shares his six easy-to-follow steps to perfecting seafood paella.
An icon of the Spain’s national cuisine, made with a thin blanket of saffron-scented rice with a crunchy bottom crust and studded with fresh seafood.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 50g cuttlefish
- 50ml olive oil
- 50g red pepper
- 50g green peppers
- 300g Bomba (short grain) rice
- 20g tomato paste
- 1g saffron
- 600ml fish stock
- 250g mussels
- 250g clams
- 10pcs prawns
- 10g garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in either a flat big pan or a paella pan.
- Sauté the garlic, cuttlefish and bell peppers and gently stir for few minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Next, add the rice and saffron and continue sautéing for a couple of minutes on a low heat (to ensure the rice absorbs all the flavours), before adding the fish stock.
- Once the fish stock is hot, throw in the mussels and clams and thoroughly mix in the tomato paste.
- As soon as the paella is boiling, place the prawns on the top of the rice, which will cook with the steam from the dish.
- After 15 minutes the dish will be ready. Rest for five minutes before serving with some lemon on the side.
FREE when you spend 399 AED or more on any face care products
Discover all the various flavors and aromas of the Mediterranean aboard of the Flagship of the Costa Fleet! Starting from only AED 1,679!
Enjoy a voyage encompassing all the charms of the Eastern Mediterranean: Italy, Croatia and Greece. Starting from only AED 2,969!