Whip up this popular Pulpo a la Gallega feast by Salero Tapas & Bodega in Mall of the Emirates
Salero Tapas & Bodega is one of the top places to visit in Dubai for authentic Spanish food
From both hot and cold tapas favourites (we can vouch for the patatas bravas and gazpacho Andaluz) to hearty paellas, lamb confit, meatballs and the tastiest churros outside of Spain, Salero Tapas & Bodega is a staple on the culinary scene.
Located within Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates - one of the leading hotels in Dubai - the restaurant space is casual and inviting with wooden tables, graphic wall art, cosy rattan lanterns and a tapas bar - perfect for those grabbing a quick lunch break bite.
Spanish food in a stylish setting within Mall of the Emirates
On a recent visit to the bustling eatery, our friends in the kitchen opened up their recipe book to reveal the method behind one of their most in-demand dishes, Pulpo a la Gallega - freshly boiled octopus with delicious potatoes.
Prep and cook time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Serves: 1 person
- 80 grams octopus (sliced to 3 – 4mm thick)
- 40 grams potato (slice to 3 – 4mm thick)
- 3 ml olive oil
- 1 gram paprika
- 0.5 gram sea salt
- In a large cooking pot, boil the octopus for 40 minutes, before slicing into an 80 grams portion.
- Next, boil the potatoes in the same cooking pot used for the octopus until tender, for around 20 minutes.
- Lay the sliced potatoes onto the plate and place the octopus on top.
- Ensure that all potatoes are covered by the octopus, then drizzle with olive oil, paprika and sea salt.
Delicious Spanish cuisine awaits at Salero Tapas & Bodega
Go for a feast or grab a quick bite at the tapas bar
For reservations at Salero Tapas & Bodega in Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates, please call 04 409 5888 or e-mail [email protected]