Majid Al Futtaim—the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East
- Experience a new way of shopping at the region’s first shopping resort
- Powered by Fetchr, get your shopping bags delivered to your door at a click of a button
Majid Al Futtaim—the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, has officially launched its Hands Free Shopping service at Mall of the Emirates as part of its commitment to enhance the shopping experience through innovation. The service invites shoppers to drop off their shopping bags and collect them later or have them delivered anywhere at their convenience.
The unique service is available exclusively at Mall of the Emirates and is designed with every type of shopper in mind; whether you’re a parent strolling the mall with the little ones, a keen shopper looking for some relief, or a tourist looking to have your shopping delivered directly to your hotel at a later time, Hands Free Shopping takes the strain away whilst you continue to shop, dine or catch up with friends.
The Hands Free Shopping service is the first of its kind in the region introduced at Mall of the Emirates as a pilot program in December 2016, and according to a mall survey, customer satisfaction is already at 95% with many customers praising the 'wow' effect of getting their bags delivered at the click of a button in a few minutes anywhere, anytime. The remaining 5% of respondents were pleased with the overall service.
“At Mall of the Emirates we continuously adopt unique and innovative services that increases customer convenience and transforms the way people shop. Hands Free Shopping revolutionises the traditional shopping journey and is aligned with our vision to create great moments for everyone, everyday. Customer centric enhancements through innovation is a top priority; from arriving at the mall, to shopping the unrivalled mix of retail stores, dining in renowned food and beverage outlets, enjoying the world-class family entertainment centres, and then departing the mall with ease,” said Hussain Moosa, Director for Mall of the Emirates.
Hands Free Shopping compliments the mall’s existing service portfolio such as the fleet of luxury chauffeur driven vehicles offering a comfortable and private mode of transport to and from the mall, as well as the conveniently located valet parking service and VIP waiting lounge.
Hands Free Shopping is powered by Fetchr, one of the most successful and innovative regional start-ups that combines its logistics, technological and digital expertise to deliver customer-centric solutions. The partnership delivers a unique customer centric omnichannel experience through an impressive physical and digital set up never seen before in any mall. The strategic partnership between Majid Al Futtaim and Fetchr allows a high level of flexibility and specialisation, both criterion required to design such innovative service. Fetchr being a fast paced and agile company has been selected to support Majid Al Futtaim’s vision to continuously transform mall visitors experience and very exciting new features will soon be released.How it works:
Shoppers can drop off bags at the Hands Free collection desks located around the mall. With peace of mind, all items will be securely sealed in the mall by Fetchr representatives who will arrange delivery or collection depending on your preference. Delivery can be conveniently scheduled using the Mall of the Emirates mobile app or calling the Hands Free Shopping team on 04 801 8188, twenty minutes before leaving the mall. Shoppers can also use the Fetchr app to request home delivery. Storing bags at the collection desks is absolutely free, while competitive same day and next day delivery rates to hotels and residences in Dubai and other Emirates in the UAE will be applied.