Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre boost 24-hour Eid Celebrations with concerts for all visitors.
Dubai, UAE, 08 October 2013 – Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ shopping malls in Dubai are planning extravagant Eid Al Adha celebrations this year, complete with an exclusive performance and meet-and-greet by singing sensation Ramy Ayach at Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre, and a fan meet-and-greet at Deira City Centre. Famed for his songwriting, composing and instrumental abilities, Ramy will kick off the first and second day of Eid, making the holiday the most exciting yet! Special events and activities for shoppers will continue throughout Eid Al Adha, enhancing the 24-hour shopping experience in partnership with the Dubai Festival and Retail Establishment.
“As premiere destinations for shopping, dining and entertainment, Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ shopping malls in Dubai are truly living up to their reputation for bringing world-class performances. Ramy Ayach is an un-matched celebrity to celebrate Eid with our shoppers, and we are excited to have him share his talent with visitors to Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre,” said Fuad Mansoor Sharaf, Senior Director – Property Management for Majid Al Futtaim Properties. “The 24-hour trading hours will allow shoppers, particularly visitors from neighbouring GCC countries, to maximize quality time with family, and give all visitors the opportunity to take advantage of our ‘round-the-clock activities.”
On the first day of Eid, Ramy will host an exclusive meet-and-greet with fans at Deira City Centre at 5pm. Later that evening, he will make an appearance at Mall of the Emirates for a special on-stage performance at 11:30pm and meet-and-greet with fans. On the second day of Eid, starting at 11:30pm, Ramy will perform live at Mirdif City Centre, followed by more opportunities for fans to meet the singing star.
The malls will offer non-stop family-themed entertainment from October 10th until 19th, including a variety of stage and roaming acts such as: ‘Cookie Dolls,’ Eid Carnival, Candy Group and more. The weekend’s activities will also include a surprise flash mob dance at Mirdif City Centre from October 10th to 12th in the Central Galleria at 4:30pm and 10:30pm. In addition, famous children’s TV show “Karameesh” will perform live on stage the second day of Eid at Mall of the Emirates at 6pm and 8pm.
Movie buffs will also be able to catch a line-up of blockbusters set to open over this weekend running up to the Eid festivities, with VOX Cinemas screening round-the-clock films during the 24-hour shopping period at Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre. Guests can choose from a range of exciting films from family to action hitting the big screen starting this weekend including: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Escape Plan, China Impossible, Badge of Fury, Machete Kills and opening exclusively for Eid will be Switch, an action movie filmed in Dubai and the Hindi movie Boss.
Spreading traditional Eid spirit, an Eid Majilis organized by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Center for Heritage will be set up across all three malls. Open from 11:00am to 12:00 midnight, the majilis will feature traditional Arabic décor and will serve Arabic coffee and dates to shoppers. In addition, traditional Emirati bands will play inside the mall daily from 6:00pm to 12:00 midnight throughout Eid.
Enhancing the Tuesday Hi-Fi campaign, a special 32-hour ‘high frequency’ shopping extravaganza will take place across the malls starting Tuesday, October 15th at 10:00pm, and continuing non-stop until Thursday, October 17th at 6:00am. Shoppers that spend just AED 150 in any store at Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates or Mirdif City Centre will receive a raffle coupon to enter the hourly draw. Each hour a prize of AED 1,000 will be drawn live at each centre for instant winning chances!
Ensuring that shoppers get the most out of their Eid in Dubai experience, complimentary coffee and extended shuttle bus services will be offered to guests. From midnight until 6:00am, visitors will receive coffee cup sleeves when entering the mall, to be redeemed for a free cup of coffee at participating coffee shops. Tourist shuttle buses will offer additional round trips to and from Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre at 12:00 Midnight and 3:00am, as well as an early morning trip at 8:00am.
For more information about Eid activities at the malls, please visit Facebook.com/DeiraCityCentre, Facebook.com/MalloftheEmirates, and Facebook.com/MirdifCityCentre.
Eid Entertainment Schedule:
Deira City Centre:
• October 10th: Cookie Dolls at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm
• October 11th: Cookie Dolls at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm; Eid Carnival at 9pm and 11pm
• October 12th: Jump High & Rope Jumpers at 6:30m, 8:30pm, and 11pm; Candy Group at 6pm, 8pm and 10pm
• October 13th: Eid Carnival at 3:30pm and 5:30pm; Flok n Break at 1:30pm, 3:30pm and 5:30pm
• October 14th: Candy Group at 8:30pm, 10:00pm and 11:30pm
• October 15th: Eid Carnival at 3:30pm, 5:30pm, 11pm, 1am; Flok n Break at 6:30pm, 9pm and 10pm
• October 16th: Candy Group at 8pm, 10pm, 12am
• October 17th: Jump High & Rope Jumpers at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm
• October 18th: Eid Carnival at 4:30pm, 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10:30pm; Flok n Break at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm
Mall of the Emirates:
• October 10th: Candy Group at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm
• October 11th: Jump High & Rope Jumpers at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm
• October 15th: Jump High & Rope Jumpers at 8pm, 9pm and 12am; Cookie Dolls at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm
• October 16th: Karameesh from 6pm to 8pm
• October 18th: Jump High & Rope Jumpers at 8pm, 9pm and 12am
• October 19th: Candy Group at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm
Mirdif City Centre:
• October 10th: Flash Mob at 4:30pm and 10:30pm; Boggy TAM TAM at 6:30pm, 8pm and 9:30pm
• October 11th: Flash Mob at 4:30pm and 10:30pm; Flok n Break at 6:30pm, 9pm, 11:30pm
• October 12th: Flash Mob at 4:30pm and 10:30pm; Beats Group at 6:30pm, 9pm and 11:30pm
• October 14th: Beats Group at 8:30pm, 10pm and 11:30pm
• October 15th: Beats Group at 8:30pm, 10pm and 12am; Eideyat Dubai from 7pm to 8pm
• October 16th: Eideyat Dubai from 7pm to 8pm
• October 17th: Eideyat Dubai from 7pm to 8pm
• October 18th: Eideyat Dubai from 7pm to 8pm; Candy Group at 9pm, 10pm and 11pm
• October 19th: Eideyet Dubai from 7pm to 8pm; Beats Group at 6:30pm, 8:30pm and 10pm