The Spring trends to try at home and our insider tricks of the trade you need to know now
Over at the Anna Sui Spring/Summer 2017 show in New York City, the models took to the runway rocking retro beehive bouffants.
The trick to achieving this look at home is all down to backcombing and a holding spray.
- Voluminous beehives work best on day-hold locks as the hair has more texture to it than silky strands, so you can forgo the fresh blow-dry.
- Concentrating on your crown, section hair backwards before taking a comb and brushing upwards towards your scalp - the aim is to create a matted look, which you can then gently smooth over the top with a comb.
- Pull back two front sections with bobby pins and spritz generously with hairspray.
Pro tip: For maximum volume, go easy on the conditioner. Just apply a small amount to the ends before rinsing and avoid the crown altogether.
The essential tool: Boots Essentials Extra Firm Hold Hairspray, Boots Pharmacy, Mall of the Emirates
For Spring/Summer 2017, Victoria Beckham sent her girls down the runway with super sleek straight locks. To top off the modern look, hair was parted neatly down the middle and smoothed with a high gloss serum.
- Get this polished look by blow-drying hair with a large paddle brush followed by a runover with flat irons.
- Use a fine-tooth comb to divide your parting into the centre and finish with a drop of moisture-rich serum or balm.
Pro tip: To tame flyaways, spritz a little hair spray onto a clean toothbrush and softy brush down.
The essential tool: H&M Hair Balm, Mall of the Emirates
Pre-order the new Galaxy Note8 and be the first to own.
Visit Axiom store at level G, shop No.110.
This Eid avail exciting offers on select Bose products at The Bose store in Mall of the Emirates, Unit no. G27, First Floor.
Now enjoy up to 60% off on all your favorite pieces! Visit us in-store starting today for part sale on selected items.