Our foolproof guide to creating this summery hair trend.
From super-sleek plaits on the catwalk to ruffled fishtail locks seen at the summer music festivals, braids are the hairstyle du jour.
Here’s how to get this effortless look at home.
1. Day-old hair works best for this look so forgo the smooth blow-dry and towel-dry hair the night before.
2. Divide your hair into two sections and, using a fine-toothed comb, arrange your tresses into a neat center parting leaving two strands free at the front.
3. Evenly plait both sections and add a light spritz of hairspray to ensure your plaits stay put.
4. Wrap both plaits around the top of your head like a crown. Fasten down the ends with bobby pins.
5. Finish your look with a mist of finishing spray.
Expert tools available from the Dubai shopping malls.
Hairgrips, Dhs15, Boots Pharmacy, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira and City Centre Mirdif.
Comb, Dhs29, H&M, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira and City Centre Mirdif.
L’Oreal Elnett Hair Spray, Dhs42, available at Carrefour Supermarket and Boots Pharmacy, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira and City Centre Mirdif.
Finishing Spray, Dhs69, H&M, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira and City Centre Mirdif.
Spanish indulgence at its best only at Salero. Join us every Friday for the legendary fiesta brunch with delicious tapas, unlimited paella and great music.
From AED 295 per person including unlimited Spanish beverages and soft drinks.
Every Friday from 1 pm to 4 pm
To make your reservations, call +971 4 409 5888
Join us at Salero Tapas & Bodega at Kempinski Mall of the Emirates for a show of skilled flamenco dancers move to some of the finest Spanish beats and enjoy a selection of best Spanish tapas while watching the show.
Every Wednesday from 8 pm to 1 am