Our foolproof guide to creating this summery hair trend.
From super-sleek plaits on the catwalk to ruffled fishtail locks seen at the summer music festivals, braids are the hairstyle du jour.
Here’s how to get this effortless look at home.
1. Day-old hair works best for this look so forgo the smooth blow-dry and towel-dry hair the night before.
2. Divide your hair into two sections and, using a fine-toothed comb, arrange your tresses into a neat center parting leaving two strands free at the front.
3. Evenly plait both sections and add a light spritz of hairspray to ensure your plaits stay put.
4. Wrap both plaits around the top of your head like a crown. Fasten down the ends with bobby pins.
5. Finish your look with a mist of finishing spray.
Expert tools available from the Dubai shopping malls.
Hairgrips, Dhs15, Boots Pharmacy, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira and City Centre Mirdif.
Comb, Dhs29, H&M, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira and City Centre Mirdif.
L’Oreal Elnett Hair Spray, Dhs42, available at Carrefour Supermarket and Boots Pharmacy, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira and City Centre Mirdif.
Finishing Spray, Dhs69, H&M, visit Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Deira and City Centre Mirdif.
Something special for your little ones! Find Chloe Little Girls eyewear @grand.optics just in time for family week!
Delicious cod fillets (4pcs) with chips & soft drink for 24 DHS only.
Have a break from the office and travel to Turkey during lunch. Escape to Besh for a light lunch that fits into your time. Enjoy a freshly baked pide and soft drink for under AED 60 and have a Turkish tea or ice cream on us.
AED 30 – 45 per pide