Andreas Mensch, Executive Head Chef of the Pullman Dubai City Centre Deira and Medley Restaurant, shares his delicious recipe.
Starting his career in Austria, Andreas Mensch previously worked at the Michelin-starred Korso restaurant. From there the talented chef travelled the world,cooking up a storm in kitchens across Norway, America, Russia and Hungary before settling in Dubai at the Pullman Dubai City Centre Deira.
Here the expert chef shares his popular veal recipe.
- 200g Veal Loin
- 25g Foie Grass
- 30g Asparagus
- 70g Green Lentil
- 10g Celery Root
- 10g Shallots
- 5g Balsamic vinegar
- 5g Pommery Mustard
- 2g Bay Leaf
- 1 Stick of Thyme
- 20ml Fresh Cream
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
1. Season the veal with salt and pepper before spreading mustard over the top and sides, then cover the veal with the fatback.
2. Arrange the veal with garlic and shallots in a pan and roast for 45 minutes at 50 degrees Celsius.
3. Transfer the veal onto a cutting board, slice into ½ inch thick slices and arrange on a platter.
4. Put lentils in a strainer and discard any stone that might have escaped the packers; rinse under cold running water.
5. Turn the lentils into a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook for two minutes. Pour the lentils into a strainer. Drain, rinse the lentils again and clean out the saucepan.
6. Toss the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and bay leaf into the pan. Pour in the vegetable broth or water, stir in the lentils and bring to a boil. Simmer with slow cooker for 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are almost tender.
7. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another five to 10 minutes.
8. Drain the lentils and set aside the liquid. Remove the vegetables and discard the bay leaf before finely chopping the veggies.
9. Stir the vegetables and shallots back into the lentils. Add balsamic vinegar and mustard, cooking cream and finally season with salt and pepper.
Serve with steamed asparagus and Fois Gras