Chef Sudqi Naddaf from the Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates shares his delicious beef recipe.
Making it his mission to put Middle Eastern cuisine on the international culinary map, Executive Chef Sudqi Naddaf oversees all kitchen operations at Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates in Dubai.
Here the Jordanian chef shares Aspen restaurant’s signature dish, slow cooked beef cheeks in demi-glace…
- 300g Beef cheeks
- 50g Carrots
- 50g Celery
- 45g Leeks
- 150g Demi glaze
- 10g Thyme
- 10g Tarragon
- 10g Rosemary
- 100g Tomatoes
- 15g Salt
- 8g Pepper
- 6g Garlic
- 20g Onions
- 45g Olive Oil
- 10g Cajun Spices
- 30g red or white grape vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Marinate the beef cheeks with salt, pepper and cajun herbs. Lightly roll each piece of meat in flour.
- Drizzle olive oil into a heavy pan. Once pan is smoking hot, start searing the beef on each side.
- Drizzle a second medium-sized pot with oil. Once the oil is heated, begin caramelising the vegetables starting with onion, carrots, leeks and fresh tomatoes, in that order.
- When the vegetables start to caramelise, pour some red or white grape vinegar into the same pan and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add demi-glace and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Next add the tomato sauce with BBQ sauce and bring to a boil for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes the sauce will be reduced. Add the herbs before removing from the heat.
- Pour half of the sauce into an oven tray, then place the seared beef cheeks and the remaining sauce in the pan. Cover with aluminium foil and cook in the oven for 4 hours at 180c until the beef cheeks are soft.
- Serve over saffron risotto.
Aspen is located in the Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
Buy 2, get 2 FREE on all Beauty & Accessories at Victoria's Secret! Grab your travel essentials now! Ends June 18.
Don't miss your chance to try our newest & most skin-loving formulas. Buy 2 and get 1 free on all bodycare starts NOW!
Debenhams SALE just got better!
With 50% to 75% off in most departments, visit TODAY!